- Storage White Papers
Yes, it’s almost here folks. The blogosphere tells us so. First of all, there’s Chuck Hollis’ latest post pondering the issue of how the storage cloud works and why it’s really difficult to pick up data quickly in geographically dispersed areas. He leaves us with the cliffhanger;
“The magic isn’t in the hardware, it’s in the software …”
So, Hulk/Maui’s a software product then…
Next there’s StorageZilla, with his viral marketing approach. No technical details here, just cryptic comments relating to trendy cultural references – Dr Who – and some bloke in a space helmet. Clearly I’m not worthy as I didn’t understand the second one at all.
This morning we have ‘Zilla’s full disclosure with his latest post.
All of this is prior to an official annoucement – nothing on EMC’s press release site yet.
What’s next? So, expect Barry Burke to post a technical assassination of the opposition over at the Storage Anarchist. Then we can have other bloggers putting their spin on it too. I can’t be bothered to list them all; I’m sure you know who they are.
But wait – have I not just fallen into the viral marketing trap too by helping out EMC? D’oh, perhaps those folks at Hopkinton Towers are more clever than we think….
_uacct = “UA-1104321-2″;
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (12,293)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (11,449)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (9,656)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (7,484)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (7,354)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (7,320)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (6,713)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (6,268)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,746)
- How Many IOPS? (4,698)
- Comparing and Contrasting All Flash Arrays – All Vendors (111)
- The Virtual Machine is a Legacy Construct (20)
- Reinventing The Storage Array and Learning From Blackblaze (17)
- What EMC Should Have Done With VNX (12)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (10)
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (9)
- How Many IOPS? (8)
- Enterprise Computing: Is DMX The Worst Array for Wastage? (8)
- EMC Megalaunch – Speeding to Lead Balloon (8)
- ScaleIO, EMC’s New Baby (7)