- Storage White Papers
Currently viewing the tag: "SAN"
On 5 October, 2012 By Chris M Evans
This is one of a series of posts discussing the new features in Windows Server 2012, now shipping and previously in public beta as Windows Server 8. You can find references to other related posts at the end of this article. This post reviews the new Hyper-V 3.0 feature, Virtual Fibre Channel.
Virtual Fibre [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Perhaps I should have entitled this post “The Cyclical Nature of IT” because the same principles apply. Over time, storage moves back and forth between fully dispersed and fully centralised like a sine wave on an oscilloscope.
Look at the evidence. In the 1950′s and 1960′s there was no choice but to [...]Continue Reading This Post →
On 22 May, 2012 By Chris M Evans
In a previous post, I touched on the need to have APIs for managing storage in cloud environments. In this post, I’ll talk about how the way in which storage is deployed in cloud environments has to change.
For the last 10 years, the advent of Storage Area Networks (SANs) has created a storage-centric view [...]Continue Reading This Post →
This is a series of posts reviewing the Compellent Storage Center Storage Array.
Compellent Inc, founded in 2002, produces the Storage Center product, a SAN storage array build around commodity hardware. In addition to providing advanced features found on newer storage arrays (such as thin provisioning), the Compellent device has one unique (for now) feature [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I finally managed to attend a London CloudCamp last Thursday, which conveniently co-incided with a #storagebeers evening. For two hours of listening to the collective wisdom of the presenters and the “unpanel” we were offered free beer and food. Now free beer is good, however I’m not sure it’s good enough to make me want [...]Continue Reading This Post →
On 15 September, 2009 By Chris M Evans
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (12,364)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (11,517)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (9,715)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (7,533)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (7,439)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (7,396)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (6,778)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (6,329)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,768)
- How Many IOPS? (4,737)
- Comparing and Contrasting All Flash Arrays – All Vendors (20)
- XtremIO: What You Need to Know (Updated) (13)
- The Maturing of Flash Storage (10)
- What EMC Should Have Done With VNX (7)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (5)
- HP 3PAR 7450 All Flash Array (5)
- Tech News: Hitachi, HP & Simplivity (4)
- Understanding the Value of Seagate Kinetic (3)
- Storage IPO Season – Violin Memory and Pure Storage (3)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (3)