This is one of a series of posts discussing the new features in Windows Server 2012, now shipping and previously in public beta as Windows Server 8. You can find references to other related posts at the end of this article. This post reviews the new Hyper-V 3.0 feature, Virtual Fibre Channel.
Virtual Fibre [...]Continue Reading This Post →
Perhaps I should have entitled this post “The Cyclical Nature of IT” because the same principles apply. Over time, storage moves back and forth between fully dispersed and fully centralised like a sine wave on an oscilloscope.
Look at the evidence. In the 1950′s and 1960′s there was no choice but to [...]Continue Reading This Post →
In a previous post, I touched on the need to have APIs for managing storage in cloud environments. In this post, I’ll talk about how the way in which storage is deployed in cloud environments has to change.
For the last 10 years, the advent of Storage Area Networks (SANs) has created a storage-centric view [...]Continue Reading This Post →
This is a series of posts reviewing the Compellent Storage Center Storage Array.
Compellent Inc, founded in 2002, produces the Storage Center product, a SAN storage array build around commodity hardware. In addition to providing advanced features found on newer storage arrays (such as thin provisioning), the Compellent device has one unique (for now) feature [...]Continue Reading This Post →
I finally managed to attend a London CloudCamp last Thursday, which conveniently co-incided with a #storagebeers evening. For two hours of listening to the collective wisdom of the presenters and the “unpanel” we were offered free beer and food. Now free beer is good, however I’m not sure it’s good enough to make me want [...]Continue Reading This Post →
- Netapp: The Inflexibility of Flexvols (9,964)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Storage Spaces (9,400)
- Enterprise Computing: Why Thin Provisioning Is Not The Holy Grail for Utilisation (7,859)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (5,829)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (5,469)
- Data ONTAP 8.0 – Part III (5,061)
- Why Does Microsoft Hyper-V Not Support NFS? (4,887)
- Back to Blogging (4,451)
- How To: Enable iSNS Server in Windows 2008 (4,339)
- Windows Server 2012 (Windows Server “8″) – Virtual Fibre Channel (4,159)
- Comparing iSCSI Targets – Microsoft, StarWind, iSCSI Cake and Kernsafe – Part I (3)
- Gartner ECB (External Controller-Based Disk) – 4Q2012 (3)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part I (2)
- Review: DroboPro – Part I (2)
- Review: Compellent Storage Center – Part II (2)
- HUS VM – Hitachi’s New Midrange Baby (2)
- Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform: Disk Drive Architecture (1)
- Solving the VDI I/O Problem (1)
- Enterprise Computing: Do We Need FAST v1, EMC? (1)
- Enterprise Computing: Data Migration Strategies – Part V (1)